Welcome from the Graduate Student Council
Hello, and a huge welcome to the School of Engineering at Tufts University! We are the Graduate Student Council (GSC), and we serve the graduate community within the School of Engineering, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts on the Medford/Somerville and Boston Campuses. The GSC is the student government that advocates for student issues, as well as provides: social events, community outreach, academic events, career development, and student life improvements.
We want to help make your Tufts experience the best possible!
- Student Life – Adjusting to Tufts University
- Graduate Student Organizations are a good way to get involved and get to know people, either in your department or those with shared interests
- Our Curtis Hall lounge offers a grad-student-only social and relaxation space, conveniently located next to the Brown and Brew coffee house. Bring your Student ID for access!
- Our West Hall lounge (entrance @ ground level, behind the building) offers a grad-student-only study space, free printing, a conference room, and a snack bar. You can also purchase tickets to various events both on campus and around Boston. Bring your Student ID for access!
- Haven't had a chance to visit campus yet? Take a virtual tour.
- Navigating Boston – Once you have arrived, get familiar with:
- Social Events – Some popular recurrent events that the GSC offers to balance work and life.
- BBQ to enjoy the sun and to mingle with other graduate students
- Pub Nights with Drinks and Appetizers around Somerville, Cambridge, and Boston
- Academic events offered by the GSC – Ways to enhance your graduate career
- Two research symposiums to present your research, get feedback, and earn cash awards : Tufts Ignite in the Fall, Research Symposium in the Spring
Join the GSC at upcoming events!
The Graduate Student Council sponsors Pub Nights, game nights, and other activities for current graduate students, and has extended the invitation to admitted students. "Like" the GSC Facebook page for new events and details.