Scholarships and Aid
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Financial Aid and Funding Opportunities
- Tuition scholarships are available for most PhD and master's programs in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, for qualified students. Tuition scholarships are available to full-time students in master’s programs. Certificate students are not eligible for these awards.
- We offer several school-wide and department-specific funding opportunities and fellowships offered to students who demonstrate outstanding records of achievement and a well-articulated plan of study.
- In addition, Teaching Assistantships as well as Research Assistantships are available through departments.
The School of Engineering
- In the School of Engineering, most PhD programs offer a tuition scholarship for qualified students. Newly enrolling engineering master's students may be eligible for Tufts alumni or bridge school alumni scholarship aid. Click here for more information regarding the School of Engineering scholarship opportunities. The School of Engineering also offers some master's program scholarships to Tufts alumni or alumni of bridge schools. Certificate students are not eligible for these awards.
- Teaching Assistantships are generally available through departments.
- Research Assistantships are generally available in the science and engineering areas.
- Fellowships are offered to students who demonstrate outstanding records of achievement and a well-articulated plan of study.
How to Apply
To apply for tuition scholarships, teaching assistantships, and research assistantships, complete the Financial Aid Application section of the online application.
Award notification is sent to the applicant's mailing address, either with the acceptance letter or shortly thereafter.
Award offers are official only when made in writing and signed by the Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the Dean of Graduate Education in the School of Engineering